• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT CVP16 or Other ho-pacs

DGODGR

I recently bought a Cat 305.5e2 and am looking to buy a ho-pac for it. Cat recommends the CVP16 for this. Does anyone have any experience with these? I would love to hear about it. I have a Striker (Toku America) ho-pac for my larger excavators and would be happy to buy one for this application but it is almost 2x the price as the CVP16. Any info would be appreciated.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have had good experiences with Okada hoe pac's and breakers for that matter. Excellent service and a quality product in my view.

Mark13

I've been eyeing up some as well, mainly Stanley's or Indeco but kinda open to whatever. Planning to use one to drive fence posts.

Shane Chavers

Ive got a cvp-16. I have had zero problems with it in the 2 years ive owned it. I looked at several brands and decided on CAT because of the service and parts locally available through Western States Cat. My experience has taught me that parts and service are very important in choosing any machines or attachments. I cant speak highly enough about Western States Cat. They really help us out. Something to consider when choosing a purchase.

DGODGR

Thanks for the reply regarding your experience. As you can see this thread is almost 2 years old now and I have already purchased the ho-pac. I went with the Allied 800C. While I appreciate your comments (and agree with support being a major consideration) I didn't like the narrow width and extra length (when compared to other brands) of the CVP-16. I also preferred the greater impact energy of the Allied and I didn't have much confidence in the quality of the CAT unit. I thought that it was a rebranded unit (from who knows where) and they had the same unit matched to almost all of their minis even though they were of several different smaller weight classes. I would have saved a couple thousand $ had I went with the Cat unit but the odd plate size, the fact that it wasn't (in my opinion) big enough for my 305.5, and the fact that Allied is also a well supported brand (with a long history as well), led me to buy the Allied.