• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat CS 533E wheels

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
2004 Cat CS 533E ASL 169

I need to find 2 rear wheels. The wheels on it are original with the original tires and both are need of replacement. The tires are obviously well past service life but still hold air but are leaking the water ballast.

Over the years the water ballast has apparently deteriorated the inside of the wheels as the beads are rusted badly and probably won't take the seat of a new tire.

Cat wants $1500 a piece + tax, however they are available in Mobile, AL or the DC in Atlanta. I've found tires for $1100-1500 each.

Anyone know of a good aftermarket source for these wheels? Part # 343-4268

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Awesome! Thanks Nige!

With shipping it's a little more than $1000 less.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
@CM1995, if your planning to keep the packer for awhile and the tires need to be ballasted again, I'd highly recommend Rimguard or similar beet juice ballast.

Thanks hvy. I'm not familiar with beet juice. Guessing that's something you guys use in the big tractors?

Whatever is in there is what Cat put in at the factory. Have to admit I am not that well versed with larger tires and liquid ballast. The tires on our 533 have lasted 20 years with no issue. Actually thought we would have to change the shell kit before the tires.

Last edited:

hvy 1ton

Beet juice won't eat wheels like most of the other ballast options. If Cat put it in, it was probably calcium chloride which has been the death of many a tractor rim.