• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat & Can Pic

DPete

Thought you guys would get a kick out of it, I use it all the time, laser equiped. DP

IM000081.jpg

Lashlander

I used to hate rain until I worked a job in Whittier one fall. It snowed over 10' on us. We shoveled our barge off probably 30 times. Now I like the rain. Its a beautiful thing. It shovels itself.

Heres your picture.

Last edited:

DPete

Lashlander Thanks, how about teaching me the pic posting ? Having trouble on this forum, getting a notice pics are too big but you put the same pic up. :Banghead DP

Last edited:

rino1494

You have to go to MSpaint and resize the pics.

Nice tractor, is that a D8K ?

DPete

Yes D8K 77V17604, think I have this pic thing covered sorry it took so long. DP

Attachments

• 98 425W.jpg
    98 425W.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,216

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Good lookin Iron DPete. :thumbsup

Where bouts you at in central Georgia? I'm just North of Macon.

Wulf

Really nice looking machine. What's the history DPete.... how old is it and how many hours on it... have you owned it long etc?

DPete

Really nice looking machine. What's the history DPete.... how old is it and how many hours on it... have you owned it long etc?
The tractor is a low hour 1981 that was in Kuwait helping put out Sadams oil fires in the early 90's. I bought it 4 years ago in Washington state. It has a 8S dozer that is like new, clean original face never plated. Had to put a track recoil spring on one side and just put a set of Berco bottom rollers in the 3000 + hours I've run it. The scraper is about 1958 or 9 Cat 463 cable operated I drug out of the weeds near Stockton Ca. I bought a new conversion kit and changed it over to hydraulic. Thanks for the kind words. DP

Countryboy

Occupation
I think he's a ways from you. :wink2

I think the correct answer would be approximately 1,950 miles. :rolleyes: Just makin sure yall was paying attention. :bouncegri

One of these days I will learn the whole alphabet. :D

Sorry for the confusion DPete. :usa

Lashlander

I think the correct answer would be approximately 1,950 miles. :rolleyes: Just makin sure yall was paying attention. :bouncegri

One of these days I will learn the whole alphabet. :D

Sorry for the confusion DPete. :usa

Yaa nothing like that ever happens to me. :rolleyes:

One of my Crane Operators and I have really nice Leathermans with Lincoln Logos on them from an embarrassed Lincoln Rep at Con Expo in Vegas. We stopped at their booth and he started telling us all about his relatives in Arkansas and how he'd been there, after he went on for about 5 minutes he asked where Kodiak was. I told him I thought it was about 5000 miles from his relatives house.:pointhead He turned red, went to his briefcase and got them and asked if he could swipe our cards. We got a pretty good snicker out of it.

Countryboy

Occupation
Yaa nothing like that ever happens to me. :rolleyes:

One of my Crane Operators and I have really nice Leathermans with Lincoln Logos on them from an embarrassed Lincoln Rep at Con Expo in Vegas. We stopped at their booth and he started telling us all about his relatives in Arkansas and how he'd been there, after he went on for about 5 minutes he asked where Kodiak was. I told him I thought it was about 5000 miles from his relatives house.:pointhead He turned red, went to his briefcase and got them and asked if he could swipe our cards. We got a pretty good snicker out of it.

:laugh So who gets the Leatherman, me or DPete? I coulda sworn that was a "G" :crazy

Anyways, back to Cats and Cans. :)

RyanCKing

DPete,
Have you used that in sand at all? If so how does it work. Im stock piling sand out of the Kings River and a self propelled won't make it. I know a staight pan without a dolly works but it seems as if the dolly wheels would just drag through the sand.
Thanks
Ryan

DPete

DPete,
Have you used that in sand at all? If so how does it work. Im stock piling sand out of the Kings River and a self propelled won't make it. I know a staight pan without a dolly works but it seems as if the dolly wheels would just drag through the sand.
Thanks
Ryan
Pure sand is hard for any machine if it's dry. I can laod about 3/4 as with any open bowl it wants to go around rather than in the scraper. Push load with another D8 sometimes. No trouble getting around with the load though. Have loaded over the top with an excavator. Bulldoze sand where distance permits. DP