• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat c10 shutting down

greyghost269

have a cat c10 when it is about 150 degrees check engine &shut down light come on changed low coolant sensor still doing it any suggestions

GOINGBROKE

Occupation
Diesel shop owner - truck, farm and heavy equipmen
You should be able to pull codes by shutting off cruise and holding set and resume switch one way or another with key switch on. Should flash check engine light, count flashes, should be a 2 number code. Dealership should be able to tell you what code means. 55 means no codes stored. As close as you can get with out ET.

greyghost269

did the cruise control switch when i just turn on key get 55 when i let it run to shutdown get 24

Last edited:

GOINGBROKE

Occupation
Code 24 is oil pressure sensor voltage high or low. Depending on serial number should be on right side under turbo. Check wiring harness for rubbed wire if dont find anything try a sensor. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

GOINGBROKE

Occupation
See what happens when your nice to to me pops