• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 983

72hayes

Occupation
road builder
I have heard that a 983 is basically a D8H with a loader.
do they use the same engine, trany and final drives
Doug

tctractors

There was 2 types of F/Drive gears (revision) also but nothing D8H/K but the master key is the same I think?
tctractors

p,s, the 983 = D8H thing is a fantasy icon from the past, the Komatsu 155S was a big old beast that made the 983 look like a 931 fact.

Cmark

p,s, the 983 = D8H thing is a fantasy icon from the past, the Komatsu 155S was a big old beast that made the 983 look like a 931 fact.

That brought back some memories. I'd guess the 155s has got a good 8 ton advantage over the 983.

You can't ever claim to have caused pollution until you've cold-started an S6D155. One hand on the key, one hand on the decompressor, one boot on the decelerator and one boot on the priming pump. Lol.

Andrew_D