• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 980 h wheel loader

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Looking at the troubleshooting procedure for the Code in question, it relates to the "Fine Modulation" switch #32 on the illustration below. Try removing that switch, operate it back/forth a few times, give it a clean, and a good blast of aerosol contact cleaner. After doing that see if the SERV CODE icon still lights up for your 1718.03 Code and report back.

upload_2022-3-23_15-27-49.png

Ocka

Hi nige noticed that feature is not fitted to this machine but I’ll take the cover of and have a look under there anyway
Thanks again

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
noticed that feature is not fitted to this machine but I’ll take the cover of and have a look under there anyway
Interesting. According to the Electrical Schematic it is standard. See illustration below, if there is no switch you should at least find connector C-C94 because that is on the machine harness. Maybe you might find some sort of jumper harness in the connector where the switch is supposed to be - I dunno.
Take photos of whatever you find.

upload_2022-3-24_4-12-47.png