• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 966C

mikey531

I am looking at a 966c Cat and have no idea what year it is, It does have a ROPS cab so I know it is later than '69 the serial number starts with 76J

Thanks

Rusted

The 76J's were built from 1969 to 1980 with about 16,000 being built of that series alone, so you'd need to get the number to find a build year.

The 966c would be one of the best if not the best loader of it's era imho.

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
The 76J's were built from 1969 to 1980 with about 16,000 being built of that series alone, so you'd need to get the number to find a build year.

The 966c would be one of the best if not the best loader of it's era imho.

I love the old 966Cs! I think they were as nice to operate as any brand new machine.

swampdog

Great machines! A veteran CAT salesman told me that, in his opinion at least, the 966C was one of the top five machines ever made by CAT!

cummins05

I liked the 966c aswell don't wana spend weeks on one since im spoiled with modern machines but loading a few trucks or moving piles once in a blue moon is fun

Makes me appreciate the newer air cond equipment lol