• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 966/972 K or M steering wheel?

S120483

Wanted to start a new thread on this topic. When we were considering the purchase of a new loader recently our Cat salesman said that Cat never did make a 966K with a steering wheel even though the brochure hints at one. Recently Digdeep confirmed he sat in a 966M with a regular conventional steering wheel. I read that brochure and it states it is a EH steering wheel. I was just curious if anyone had operated one of these and/or had pics of one with the optional steering wheel. Just curious what it looks like and how it operated. When we made our purchase we weren't big fans of the stick steer in the 966K. May have grown on us but we didn't give it long enough I suppose. Just like the steering wheel better in our line of work.