• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 963c hydrostatic issue

Frankie b

Hi guys looking for some input or help i have a 963c trackloader it starts i let it warm up after it warms up i track forward for about 20' then the transmission acts like it is bogging down to a crawl i can throw it in neutral and wait about a min then it resets then runs fine for anouther 20' i have already changed both the charge and case drain filters but it still continues is there a mesh filter in side the block that the filter spins on too or any body else have this same issue any help would be appreciated

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
We have a resident Cat hydrostatic track loader expert (not me I hasten to add) and the first couple of things he is going to ask are:-
1. Serial Number.
2. What is the engine High Idle RPM.? If you don't know or have not yet measured it than that should be your first step.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
We have a resident Cat hydrostatic track loader expert (not me I hasten to add) and the first couple of things he is going to ask are:-
1. Serial Number.
2. What is the engine High Idle RPM.? If you don't know or have not yet measured it than that should be your first step.
As much as I might have liked learning about those glad I didn't have to! I'm kind of glad that guy is here and hope he raises his hand once the aforementioned information is posted.