• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 955l vs cat 953b question please

BCOWANWHEELS

Occupation
semi retired and angus cattle farmer
Yes I noticed the chains ans sprockets etc. he,d have to adjust the price for this some. I,d take it straight to heavyquip in knoxville and have em get it up to spec,s. once on the fart I dont want to have to do heavy maint work on it. what ideally I,D like to do is have cat do a complete refurb on what ever machine i get.they told me about 100k and it would be as new.

Dickjr.

100 grand is a lot of dough , but in comparison to a new off the lot 953D its a steal. I think the new 53D is around the 275 range. The thing is , the 953s are user friendly but if you really opted to do a CCR on a 955 it would most likely give less problems.

BCOWANWHEELS

Occupation
semi retired and angus cattle farmer
i dont want any machine that has a computer especially a "D" it uses the cow pee exhaust additive. how many hours is the hyd. pump on a 53 rated for ?

Dickjr.

I know of that B I had rented , it had 9600 hrs on it. Seemed pretty dry and in 20 hrs never put a drop of oil in it. The C model I use to rent has almost 15000 hrs and had to replace one of the pumps under the floor. I don't know if it was hydraulic or drive , If I seen it I could point it out. The pump didn't actually fail , t began leaking pretty bad and the mechanic and owner decided to put in a reman Cat pump.

Dickjr.

It was a 2ZN prefix , they had to remove the cab as a unit. It cast 5500$. That's a hit for sure but it could have been 20 grand or more. One thing , If a 955 had to have an extensive transmission rebuild , what would it cost? My guess would be upwards of 20 grand.