• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 953D track loader blowing fuse

JDFG1974

Occupation
Owner/Operator CLEARING GRADING COMPANY
Ok let me see if I can explain this. I have a cat 953d track loader. I was running it the other day and it just stopped full throttle. Everything stopped. Machine turned off engine quit No power. Come to find out something is causing the fuse with the ignition switch and stop sign fuse to blow. Put new fuse in turned the key and blew fuse again and again. Any ideas on what would be the problem. Thanks

Tags

Someone with way more knowledge than me will chime in, but it sounds like a wire shorting out. Mice could’ve nibbled something and now it’s causing a dead short? Sounds like you need to start tracing wires. Post your serial number too, someone can probably pass along a wiring diagram.