• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 953

Dave Neubert

Is it only me that hears a misfire/regular knock on the video? I would start by loosening the injection lines in turn and see if the noise changes.
Yes I agree it sounds terrible I figured he done that already loosen the lines one at a time see if smoke goes away and knock stopes

Bill1985

A couple of questions first.

1. Need to clarify if the engine was running fine until it was shut down 4 weeks or so ago..? Was it shut down from the key at that time or did it stop on its own.?

2. Did you find any signs of dust in the air intake tube.? See post #23 above.
We were using it to clear some brush and shut it off from the key and about a week later we went back to start it it would just crank and not start, then about a few weeks after I trued new battery's but still didn't do the trick, then I changed both batteries and the cables for the battery and it then it started, Now after it started the engine smokes and is not as strong as when we parked it.

Dave Neubert

Did you try cracking each injector the to isolate the smoke and knock it has to be either a injector or a blown head gasket

Dave Neubert

Just loosen the line at the injector pump or where it goes into valve cover. to replace injector pull injectors pull top valve cover off take off 7/8 nuts from injector take the injector lines off from the pump and where they connect to rocker box remove rocker box take the 5/16 injector hold downs off remove injectors