• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat 950g loadrite lr915 install help

Soodude

Anyone ever install one of these or something similar? They want to charge us almost 3000 to install a used unit we acquired. I have already installed the readout, printer and all cables are in place I just stuck with the transducer. Wheredo I tie into the hydraulics for the lift cylinders and where can I get the parts to tie into the hydraulic system. Any help is appreciated guys, thank you

Paul Six

I think you need a loadrite technician , you've done most of the labour , he will connect the system and do the calibration

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
Tie into to the lower side of the lift cycle's. (hoses that lifts bucket) if you can tie into the T fitting that goes to both hoses you will get a better reading but you don't have to. try to mount the trigger as close to the hinge as possible so travels on the same arc as the boom does. calibrating is not that hard take your time make shure bucket is empty and hyd oil is @ OPERATING temperature if you look online you my be able to find an installation guide. take care to make shure your cable going to the trigger is routed good no pinch or cut points plenty of slack in articulation joint. thats usually the first thing the service techs look for when trouble shooting. I have installed couple of my own scales and had very little problems.

Soodude

Tie into to the lower side of the lift cycle's. (hoses that lifts bucket) if you can tie into the T fitting that goes to both hoses you will get a better reading but you don't have to. try to mount the trigger as close to the hinge as possible so travels on the same arc as the boom does. calibrating is not that hard take your time make shure bucket is empty and hyd oil is @ OPERATING temperature if you look online you my be able to find an installation guide. take care to make shure your cable going to the trigger is routed good no pinch or cut points plenty of slack in articulation joint. thats usually the first thing the service techs look for when trouble shooting. I have installed couple of my own scales and had very little problems.

I have an older transducer though. It is a rectangular box with the wiring harness coming off the side and it has two hydraulic JIC fitting that go into it. Am I to assume that these are both for lifting pressures?