• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 941b track tension

ncmoore77

Hi all
I recently pumped my tracks up on my 941b
I haven’t had the loader long and now I think I have pumped them up to tight
How do I release some of the pressure on them
Thanks for any help

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Maybe an Operation & Maintenance manual might help you..?
It contains all the info for regular maintenance jobs like tensioning the tracks, plus much more.
With a Serial Number you could download one from Cat for less than $30. (There are various manual options and to get the correct one would require the machine S/No)

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Maybe an Operation & Maintenance manual might help you..?
It contains all the info for regular maintenance jobs like tensioning the tracks, plus much more.
With a Serial Number you could download one from Cat for less than $30. (There are various manual options and to get the correct one would require the machine S/No)

Very good point, I need to point that out more often!

I never understand how someone could invest in a machine, even an old machine, they may only use for a hobby doing more or less "yard work" around the house and not have at the very minimum an operators manual. Just knowing the correct way to do something as simple as knowing how to check oil levels is worth the cost of a manual.

Not trying to attack ncmoore77 on this point as he appears to have just found this forum and not be aware as to what is available for a very reasonable price, at least from Cat.

ncmoore, reply here with a S/N and I'm sure Nige will walk you through the simple steps to either order a paper copy or download a electronic copy so you can have it in a matter of a couple minutes!

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
I’ve had contractors so cheap that they refused to buy manuals:mad:

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I’ve had contractors so cheap that they refused to buy manuals:mad:
They think if you're a mechanic you should have all those manuals, even if they own the only one of those machines in the hemisphere. Same with every special tool needed to fix said machine!