• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 941b steering clutch wear limits

charles walton

I am pulling the steering assembly from my loader because the brake adjustment bracket broke off. It had been welded on by the previous owner and I am going to replace the brake band so I’m pulling the assembly. While I have it out I want to measure my clutch wear and address them if needed. Any tips? SN 80h6700

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I can’t find one so I guess I will have to weld this one up. I really don’t want to but that’s all I know to do now.
It's a 4V-2239 Band Assembly. Fits all 80H machines from 5918-Up. There appear to be plenty listed on Machinery Trader Parts.....

Attachments

• Brake Gp.pdf
    161.5 KB · Views: 0

charles walton

It's a 4V-2239 Band Assembly. Fits all 80H machines from 5918-Up. There appear to be plenty listed on Machinery Trader Parts.....

Thanks Nige. I actually have found one for $400 which seems a little high to me for a used one that will have to be relined but I after looking at the price on Machinery Trader I guess 400 is not too bad. I’m going to weld mine up and if I like the way it turns out I’ll use it and if I don’t like it I’ll just bite the bullet and buy one.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Thanks Nige. I actually have found one for $400 which seems a little high to me for a used one that will have to be relined but I after looking at the price on Machinery Trader I guess 400 is not too bad. I’m going to weld mine up and if I like the way it turns out I’ll use it and if I don’t like it I’ll just bite the bullet and buy one.
To quote from a couple of posts above - "I can’t find one". That spells unobtainium to me, not "I can't find one for sale at what I consider a reasonable price" - which was your actual situation.

charles walton

Have you queried John Parks at General Gear & Machine? He's a gun on steering clutch and brake parts (new and used) and he's parted out a lot of machines.

I actually did try them Wednesday and they didn’t have anything.

charles walton

To quote from a couple of posts above - "I can’t find one". That spells unobtainium to me, not "I can't find one for sale at what I consider a reasonable price" - which was your actual situation.
When I first posted I had not found one yet. Now I am hoping to find someone that has one laying around for a price like before Biden came along.