• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat 941 trans/bevel gear problem?

wlf89

my gear says 4k4632 i cant count them while still on the machine but id say 53 is correct serial number is 70h617

Cmark

and your pinion has 12 teeth, correct? If so then the only thing I can think of is that all the pinions are 12T and the 21T thing is another typo????

wlf89

yes i think you are correct, i see a pic of the updated shaft and it looks to have 12teeth just like mine.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
my gear says 4k4632 i cant count them while still on the machine but id say 53 is correct serial number is 70h617
The update concerned the pinion. The 4K-4632 (or the former number 9H-6975) bevel gear remains the same.

Both the pinion & the bevel gear appear to be available aftermarket from AVspare and other sources. As I suggested before, give Offroad Equipment a call.

Last edited:

wlf89

offroad is where i buy all of my parts. they can get aftermarket bevel gear but only cat pinion for 1325. i havent found a aftermarket one anywhere