• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 930G Troubles

Partsdude

We did have a parts book for it but in all this mess the mechanic took it this morning to go speak to cat who is not being very helpful at all, which causes more frustration. So I am unable to see if there is an access port. What would be an alternate fuel source that we would be able to use?

As long as you are not driving the machine around a 5 gallon bucket that is half full of diesel would work to see if the tank indeed has crud in it. You will need to find a length of hose and connect it to the fuel line somehow.

Also, you could be sucking in air from a cracked line. Disconnect the fuel line from the lift pump and from the tank. Use an air compressor set at 2-3psi (so you don't blow things up) and spray the lines with dish soap and water mix. If air can get out it can get in so look for bubbles. If you can get air out of the lines(meaning that they are not blocked) and there are no bubbles, then the tank is the issue or as posted above it might be a pump issue.

Last edited:

Cat is ALL

I'll have your information by tonight. You think the big guy can sleep on it. Besides its friday which is a "good" situation as you don't lose as much downtime as you would being the middle of the week.

Come on tomorrow morning and I'll have what I know for you.

FFR1998

Thanks so much all of you! I will be waiting patiently and telling the boys to try the bubbles and all that is above. As of right now, the big guy is on the phone with Ring Power, absolutely livid! At least I'm not getting the big guys wrath today lol.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Just A query did your Cat men pressure test the pump out puts for the injectors ??? I think you are having a pump fail.On some of the big IH tractors the pumps would loose prime and make them very difficult to start some issue with the distribution shaft??,maybe she is running on the excess diesel and when that is disengaging she shuts down and won't start,just an Idea...

Last edited:

FFR1998

Stock that could be a very good possibility. The more you guys are talking the pump, i'm thinking that could be it, or something within it. That is the ONLY thing we havent changed. We shall see, Cat is coming out AGAIN! Hopefully we will get somewhere today. They are supposed to be sending out another testing machine and a different mechanic. Keeping my fingers crossed!

stock

Occupation
Is it an electrical shut off?? maybe the solenoid is faulty with a intermittent fault...

Chris91786

Occupation
CAT HE Technician - Ring Power Corp.
Thanks so much all of you! I will be waiting patiently and telling the boys to try the bubbles and all that is above. As of right now, the big guy is on the phone with Ring Power, absolutely livid! At least I'm not getting the big guys wrath today lol.

Which store? The Tampa Branch?

FFR1998

Oh Guys! So just another update. Riverview Ring Power came out and they ran another test on the loader. Thankfully the guy that came out gave us some answers. The codes that came up were the fuel pump, 71 times to be exact. And a few times a sensor. So this morning I ran to Ring Power (since the man that came out lastnight didnt bring any parts with him) and picked a new pump up. The sensor wont be in until Wednesday but they said the loader will run without it. So I'm waiting now to hear from my mechanic that he switched it out and she fired up. We shall see! I'm thinking positive and keeping my fingers crossed! Next up the mysterious steering problem we've been having!

stock

Occupation
We await with baited breath..but we will require payment ..maybe some pictures of the beast???

FFR1998

What the hell did the cat techs do the first time when they didn't find any codes?

HA! That was my question, $1000 for him to do absolutely nothing! Gotta love it! Truly hoping the fuel pump does the trick. Still waiting to hear from my nechanic though... I'd like to enjoy my weekend and not worry about this on my days off.

stock

Occupation
HA! That was my question, $1000 for him to do absolutely nothing! Gotta love it! Truly hoping the fuel pump does the trick. Still waiting to hear from my Mechanic though...I'd like to enjoy my weekend and not worry about this on my days off .

Timezones my dear the weekend is over!!!!

bigbob

Timezones my dear the weekend is over!!!!

Monday is Labor day in the states, most places are closed!!

I had a similar problem with my Cat 268B Skid Steer, Relay that runs the electric fuel pump had corroded connector, replaced relay and she runs perfect. Drove me nuts trying to find the problem with about $500 worth of parts I did not need,