• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 906M Aux Hydraulics

bean

I have a log grapple that I am using on my Cat 906M. It functions fine I am just wondering how I can turn up the pressure? I have noticed that my kioti ck2610 that I was using previously has substantially more clamping power then the 906M.

Any ideas?

I have also had "!" (with square around it) warning light in the middle of the dash start beeping at me a few times, When this happens the loader will continue to idle however you cannot drive it during this time all gauges are in the green. If I turn it off and start it again everything operates as it should and it doesn't happen again that day. I read the operators manual however it doesn't elaborate much on what the cause might be.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I have also had "!" (with square around it) warning light in the middle of the dash start beeping at me a few times
Need to clarify this. Are you getting an audilble alarm in addition to the flashing Action Lamp.? If you are, can you describe what it sounds like.? Is it simply a beep-beep (the same sound you get when you first turn on the key and the system performs a self-test) or does it pulsate.?
FYI there are certain types of alarm where only the Action Lamp flashes but there is no audible alarm.

Can you post a Serial Number so that I can look for more detailed informaiton.

Last edited:

bean

It's the same noise as when you first turn the key on however I think it is a bit longer when the key is first turned on.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
It's the same noise as when you first turn the key on however I think it is a bit longer when the key is first turned on.
That would be correct because when you first turn the key on that's the self-test of the electronics.

The fact that the indicators on the Auxiliary Panel to the right is a sign something general is causing the problem because it's not just one parameter/system that is alarming. Can you check the voltage across the battery when the engine is running both at Low Idle and High Idle RPM and report your findings. While you are in there I would also suggest to check the condition of and clean/tighten the battery cable connections. Also please check/adjust the tension of the alternator belt.