• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 725 gearbox oil temperature sensor

John Ba.

So basically I stopped for 30mins, started my Cat, and the gearbox oil temperature started jumping out of nowhere. I think it's the sensor, just I don't know where it's located to change it. If someone would send a manual, it would help out a lot.

John Ba.

It's far more likely to be a wiring/connector fault if the gauge in the cab is jumping.
Looking at the Diagnostic Codes might provide some insight.
To identify the sensor location and an electrical schematic requires the Serial Number.
If the wiring/connector fault would occur, wouldn't it start jumping from 0 to the normal temperature instead of the maximum?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
It could do all sorts of things but without a Serial Number it's still a cr@p shoot.
I can't even look for information without it...........

When you say "gearbox temperature" I assume you mean transmission temperature.?

Last edited: