• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 420D aux hyd questions

KW Kat

My 2005 420D has factory installed aux hyd's, powered by the E-stick circut
The E-stick cyl is pinned for this use and the system work's perferct.The only problem is releasing the pressure on the supply side quickcoupler to connect the tool's any idea's ?????

9420pullpan

My 2005 420D has factory installed aux hyd's, powered by the E-stick circut
The E-stick cyl is pinned for this use and the system work's perferct.The only problem is releasing the pressure on the supply side quickcoupler to connect the tool's any idea's ?????

turn off machine, and turn key to on position do not start and bleed off pressure using the ext hoe thumb wheel

give that a shot and let me know how you make out

KW Kat

My machine has a foot pedal for e-stick /tool operation tried bleed off with ign switch in on position (not running)after shut down did not help.This procedure is in the opperation manual I have tried it several times.:Banghead

PDG X

Occupation
Owner Operator
You will need to get ALL of the pressure out of the machine hydraulic accumulator, so activate ALL backhoe functions with the key on - boom, stick, bucket, swing, e-stick before trying to connect. Also need to do that BEFORE DISCONNECTING any tool to make sure there is no pressure left in it for the next time. After you disconnect any tool, connect both lines together to make sure no pressure builds up on one side of the tool while it is sitting - especially in the sun.