• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 335 next gen boom moving out on its own

aworl

I've been operating 2 different 335 next gen cats and love them but one has a problem. Before me they said someone came and started pushing buttons without knowing anything and now the boom out and curl are super sensitive they start to move before the machine even spools up and it is very jumpy making it a hazard. The only thing I can think of is the independent response speed was changed but it is now locked behind a code any ideas? Also when grade assist is activated the machine booms out on its own without any joysticks being touched. Is this a computer issue??

aworl

No Operator Manual in the pocket behind the seat.?
Went through it couldn't find anything with that issue. Only thing I'm able to adjust is the engine spool response. There are setting that change each sticks movement response and speed but it's locked behind a service code and so far haven't been able to get that.

Zewnten

Manual is on the monitor if you have the fancy option.

Attachments

• IMG_1670.jpeg
    IMG_1670.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 6

Ollie

Sounds like a coil problem. They have them for each end of each cylinder. Takes ten min to change dealer tech said , but an hour to calibrate it. Our 330 had the similar situation I would stick out curl basket in for the boys to hook pipe on but they would have to wait for it to completely stop shaking its actually scary to work around guys.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Something that might be helpful in trouble shooting problems that can be fixed in the settings through the machines monitor is the app Cat Monitor Simulator.

When we took delivery of our 325 Next gen the pre-delivery guy had us download the app in order to help us learn the multitude of options in that computer without doing anything on the machine itself.

Whether it's a setting or a physical failure it might be helpful in the future.

Angry Mike

Went through it couldn't find anything with that issue. Only thing I'm able to adjust is the engine spool response. There are setting that change each sticks movement response and speed but it's locked behind a service code and so far haven't been able to get that.
Also try the last 4 and last 5 of the s/n as service code , my dealer and another out west here use that

aworl

Sounds like a coil problem. They have them for each end of each cylinder. Takes ten min to change dealer tech said , but an hour to calibrate it. Our 330 had the similar situation I would stick out curl basket in for the boys to hook pipe on but they would have to wait for it to completely stop shaking its actually scary to work around guys.
Starting to get use to it but it still has its moments jumping but highly dangerous and needs to be fixed but our company seems not.to care. Claim that the cat mechanic came out and couldn't figure it out and the shop foreman claims "somebody fing touched something" so now they put me on it.

aworl

Starting to get use to it but it still has its moments jumping but highly dangerous and needs to be fixed but our company seems not.to care. Claim that the cat mechanic came out and couldn't figure it out and the shop foreman claims "somebody fing touched something" so now they put me on it.
All individual priorities are the same so it's nothing that got changed in there so I'm stumped

aworl

Was the boom out and curl very sensitive as well. Like it would start moving before the engine spool as well? This is the closest to the problem I'm having

Ollie

Get cat dealer out, if its jumpy it’s the coils for stick cylinder. We had cat change out two on are 330 one on 336 witch are same part number plus one on my 349. The cat dealer in Winnipeg had one customer that had on boom down didn’t know when it would stop falling.