• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 330Cl flipover

SweCE

Occupation
Contractor
Found some old photos that you guys might wanna see. :eek:ops
Cat 330, helping machines Åkerman Ec300 and Cat 988(B?)

Attachments

• n621668504_1487889_3645.jpg
    n621668504_1487889_3645.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,952
  • n621668504_1487890_4068.jpg
    n621668504_1487890_4068.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,785
  • n621668504_1487891_4480.jpg
    n621668504_1487891_4480.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,747

Dig-UP

How did the machine flip over? I assume it picked up that big rock way too high. Any reason it was picked up so high?? Trying to break it up??

Wow, Agent is back...

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
So thats what the underside of one o those looks like.....LOL!, seriously i hope no one got hurt!

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Why the rubber mat over the boom cylinders?? was she on a breaker for a while?

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Seems so, makes me glad for the ignore list.

A guy can do a lot of growing up in a year, especially the teen years. And a guy can also benefit from a bunch of positive role models, such as can be found in a place like this. Let's all give Agent (and everybody else), the benefit of the doubt, try to set a good example for each other, and generally try to improve the industry through what we say and do here.

(And yes, anyone who feels it's appropriate can now lead the membership in singing Kumbaya...) ;)

stock

Occupation
I agree digger but I must have missed a turn cause I still have a lot off growing up to do,done a lot of growing out though!
Welcome back agent .

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Hey Digger, do you remember the words?

No. I could google them, but then you might expect me to sing. Trust me. You don't want that... :eek:

...but I must have missed a turn cause I still have a lot off growing up to do,done a lot of growing out though!

I don't know if you've read it in my profile-- "Before my 2nd birthday I was already playing in the dirt, and I haven't outgrown it yet. " :)

Last edited:

SweCE

Occupation
Contractor
How did the machine flip over? I assume it picked up that big rock way too high. Any reason it was picked up so high?? Trying to break it up??

Wow, Agent is back...

Can't really remember the actual reason, but he was not trying to break it up, because he was just stockpiling all material, so there were no reason for it. I think he was as you said, way to high up, and turning across the undercarriage when standing way to unstable. I didn't dare to ask him so much about it, because his pride was hurt enough already and everyone was running around taking pictures of it. :rolleyes:

So thats what the underside of one o those looks like.....LOL!, seriously i hope no one got hurt!

Haha, I suspected it was an pretty uncommon view of 'em. ;)
Btw, It's an 330Cl Quarry, so the undercarriage is bigger and higher then a normal 330-undercarriage. (and should be more stable than the orignial)

The operator were not wearing his seatbelt and therefore landed on the side window with some stuff that were laying around in the cab, but he was not hurt, just shocked. Might have been a bit worse if it would have flipped over with cab down..

Why the rubber mat over the boom cylinders?? was she on a breaker for a while?

That's correct! :) It was fairly often using a hammer/breaker and that rubber mat is a protection against rock fragments. It also has an extra lexan front window.

I hope you can read and understand my writings, it's not very often that I use english. :beatsme

stock

Occupation
That my goodmon is as plain as yellow holes in snow.Many thanks

RobVG

Occupation
17 excavators and a stewpot of other stuff
Ignore List!?

Oh crud, my days are numbered...

plantman.uk

Occupation
excavator operator
now how did they do that....use it. abuse it. and you WILL lose it..