• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 330bl Auxiliary hydraulic controller

JLsanzaro

just wondering if anyone is familiar with programming one of these. the old controller went bad so it was replaced and the work mode setting were erased. i have access to SIS and already have read the procedure and the password required to change the parameters isn't working. just need to know if theres any additional programming when replacing one

thanks

heymccall

Oh, it's been a while.

+,+,-,-,+,- to get in
4 tool programs
The E is for engine dial setting.
The flow number is merely a reference as to level. It is not the actual flow. With a flow meter connected, you run the number up until the flowmeter reaches the desired flow at the desired pressure. For example, 38 GPM @ 2300psi "may" be 47 on the display.

Last edited:

JLsanzaro

yea i tried that but it doesn't do anything when i enter that password. all the tool programs are set to engine speed 1. and when it displays the hours for each program it showing 0 i guess because its a new box

JLsanzaro

went back in to SIS and was able to find a troubleshooting guide for the controller and it seems like the controller is bad even though its brand new

heymccall

I dunno. IIRC, to set tool one, the console switches had to be in turtle and one way. Tool two needs to be in rabbit and one way. If you're in programming mode, you can only see the tool that is selected in the cab.

JLsanzaro

Well, the enter button on the box was not working so I couldn't get into programming mode. Replaced the box and was able to program the necessary engine speed and flow. BUT now the hammer won't stop hitting after the button is released. Checked the wire going to the solenoid and it loses power after the button is released like it should. Checked close to the controler button and had same results. Since it's a hammer with one way flow I swapped the solenoid valves. Still no good. So after a long day of diagnosing I ran a seperate wire directly to the solenoid from a different button with a separate power source and the hammer will operate correctly.ii noticed that I had some trouble with the switch for high flow and low flow. Active mode was showing a low flow when it was on high but not consistently. I have a few pressure switches coming in tomorrow and a toggle switch for the flow. If I can't get it tomorrow I might pull all of my hair out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CUMBRIA6039

I do have a book on this but I believe the pass code is ++-+-- then enter but I think you have to have all your inputs in the position before turning on ignition and then throttle at desired rate display should show "p" and when entered it will change to "s" when I say inputs I mean hi/lo switch on console and return/pressure ball valve making sure that switch is working, I will dig out the book let me know if I can send a page to you