• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 325L drive slow on one side

woolls

Occupation
paper maker
My Cat 325L (9kl00122) is slow on one side. I replaced the swivel seals a while back and this made no difference.
I noticed yesterday when I lift the slow side in the air and run the track forward or reverse and push down on the stick, the track speed goes to normal. The stick doesn't lift the digger until I stop moving the track. What could be the cause of this?
Any help would be great.

Cheers
Leigh

CatKC

I noticed yesterday when I lift the slow side in the air and run the track forward or reverse and push down on the stick, the track speed goes to normal.

Are you saying the 'slow side' is slow UNTIL you push the stick down ? And then it goes to 'normal'.

woolls

Occupation
paper maker
My Cat 325L (9kl00122) is slow on one side. I replaced the swivel seals a while back and this made no difference.
I noticed yesterday when I lift the slow side in the air and run the track forward or reverse and push down on the stick, the track speed goes to normal. The stick doesn't lift the digger until I stop moving the track. What could be the cause of this?
Any help would be great.

Cheers
Leigh

I stuffed up, its when I push down on the Boom

lantraxco

CAT's fancy term for check valve or shuttle valve cartridges that feed a load sense line back to the pumps. At least that's what they call them on the backhoes and I think dozers... sorry it's been a while, not sure of anything anymore.

toslow

Occupation
421A Red Seal Tech
how many hrs on the machine? might have a drivemotor that is weak if it tracks to one side on straight travel. also check to see is one side runs hotter than the other.

i would do a case drain check on the weak side and see how much oil you get. don't know what the specs are but it would atleast eliminate that part of the problem

woolls

Occupation
paper maker
CAT's fancy term for check valve or shuttle valve cartridges that feed a load sense line back to the pumps. At least that's what they call them on the backhoes and I think dozers... sorry it's been a while, not sure of anything anymore.
Thanks, I will check

woolls

Occupation
paper maker
how many hrs on the machine? might have a drivemotor that is weak if it tracks to one side on straight travel. also check to see is one side runs hotter than the other.

i would do a case drain check on the weak side and see how much oil you get. don't know what the specs are but it would atleast eliminate that part of the problem

17000 hrs. I have replace all oils, both drives equal amount and looked the same in colour.
It does track to one side on flat ground.
When I lift the bad side it travels slow. if I push down on the boom with the track still travelling, the track will speed up.
The other thing is when I push down on the boom with the track moving, the digger will not raise anymore, but when I stop moving the track while pushing down on the boom, it will lift again.

hard to explain

Cheers

toslow

Occupation
421A Red Seal Tech
it travels faster when you push the boom down because you are putting a bigger demand on that pump. did you run any checks on the hyd system? like putting a gauge on any thing, or checking to see if the relief valves are balanced. check and see how much case drain oil is getting through the system on the slow side as compared to the other side.

lots of checks you can do

with that many hrs there is a good chance the pumps are worn.

woolls

Occupation
paper maker
it travels faster when you push the boom down because you are putting a bigger demand on that pump. did you run any checks on the hyd system? like putting a gauge on any thing, or checking to see if the relief valves are balanced. check and see how much case drain oil is getting through the system on the slow side as compared to the other side.

lots of checks you can do

with that many hrs there is a good chance the pumps are worn.

thanks for your help, I will do pressure checks etc.

fmmikky

I am having this same problem with my machine 325LN, i have overhauled the main pump and the pressure was fine, but the LH of the machine is still not working