• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 320D slew brake problem

glennmackenzie

Hi guys,
The slew brake on my 320D isn't working properly, when working on an angle the machine will creep, however when the hydraulic lock-out lever is dropped down so I can get out of the cab, the creeping stops. When the lever is raised, the creeping starts again. Whats going on?

Cmark

look on the console near your right elbow for a switch that looks (from memory) like a bucket with a left and right arrow under it. Push it. If that doesn't cure it, report back. And if it does cure it, report back anyway. We all like a quick fix.

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
look on the console near your right elbow for a switch that looks (from memory) like a bucket with a left and right arrow under it. Push it. If that doesn't cure it, report back. And if it does cure it, report back anyway. We all like a quick fix.

I think Cmark is referring to

warning.jpgText.jpg

Regards
Mark

srjd

Same thing happened on my 320D. I hit it by accident cleaning. What is the purpose of that button anyways?

srjd

Hey Glenn. Not trying to change the subject on your thread but what do you see for coolant and hydraulic Temps on a 30 DegC day