• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 320c left travel weak

koba40

Hi, i have a trouble with a cat 320c prefix PAB, the left track is weak, the travel motors are good and the swivel too, in a three revolution test in a low speed the left track makes three revolution in a 39 seconds, the right track makes three revolutions in a 30 seconds, but when I do other movement at the same time like a stick or bucket the left track speed increases.

I suspect negative flow control trouble, i measure the pressure in a left a right NFC lines, when i move the travel lever of the right track to full travel position the pressure in a right NFC line down from 350psi to 30psi , and the left NFC line is 350psi, when i move the travel lever of the left track to full travel position the pressure in a left NFC line down from 350psi to 30 psi, but the right NFC line pressure increase from 350psi to 650psi :eek:, is this normal?
when a move left a right travel lever, left a right NFC lines pressure down and the speed for a left track increases.

nfc test 320c.jpg

I remove the right regulator and disassemble and find this:
20160226_134956.jpg20160226_135146.jpg
the clearance of the spool is no normal for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN34THHUWrE

Is normal this fault? Is necessary other test?

I appreciate your comments, thanks in advance. :)

Bob/Ont

Take the NFC hose off of both pumps and plug them. Leave the fittings open and start the machine at idle. If more than a dribble comes out of he fittings the controllers are worn out.
Later Bob