• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 320 CL AC error message 43

Gary Layton

These are the specs for my machine:
sn PAB06638
Engine SN MAE05872
AR No. (arrangement) 2870092

My CAT 320CL shows an "E" when you run the A/C or even just the fan.

When I accessed the error codes at startup (hold temp up and down at same time) I got a flashing Error 43 on the HVAC screen. From another thread I found this:

"43 is for incorrect movement of the discharge air damper. "

I have looked thru the SIS that I can access and do not find a "discharge air damper." Is it called something else by CAT?

Is it behind the seat? What makes for "incorrect movement"? Any tips appreciated.

LACHAU

"Discharge air damper" is the word used to refer to the servo motor that adjusts the air direction and the air deflectors attached to it.
Please see the attached file for more details.
Good luck.

Attachments

• 320C 43 Error Code.pdf
    77.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 312~330C RENR72740001 Air Con Electrical Schematic.pdf
    167.5 KB · Views: 4

Gary Layton

Thanks for the info, Lachau! I'll let you know what I find...may be a few weeks. Just finished up this session of work, will be a few weeks before I get back to the machine to parse it out.

Vetech63

Thanks for the info, Lachau! I'll let you know what I find...may be a few weeks. Just finished up this session of work, will be a few weeks before I get back to the machine to parse it out.
Lachau only has 100 prime rib dinners waiting on him and you get to make it 101. He will weigh 400 lbs if he ever gets to this side of the world! :p

Gary Layton

Thanks, again, Lachau. I took the covers off the AC system (behind the seat), cleaned it all best I could and sprayed servo linkages with WD40 to free them up. They were not moving well. There seem to be 3 "modes" for the airflow...defrost, blow mid-level or blow at feet...a mix of these 3.

Once the linkages started moving better I now have one of the modes where there is not an "E"...the others still throw an "E".

I think there may also be a servo in the front corner area, under the monitor. And one of the 3 rear area servos never did move for me. I'll eventually fuss with the other servos. In the meantime, I am using the AC in the flow mix that does not invoke an "E"...getting by for now.

Attachments

• 20240410_153923.jpg
    20240410_153923.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240410_182402.jpg
    20240410_182402.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 3