• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 320 CL A/C issue

heymccall

This was very helpful. I had codes e45 and e51. I added some refrigerant and e51 is gone and the A/C is working again. The dealer added refrigerant a year ago so it’s slowly leaking somewhere.

E45 I’ll have to investigate at a later time. I’ll see if I can look in the parts manual to identify which damper I need to take a closer look at.

It worked! The machine has probably been on Celsius for 18 years. Thank you very much.

Post a serial number or at least a prefix and we'll point you in right direction

gcsupraman

Can't do Cat AC?
Seriously?
You are most likely dealing with refrigerant loss from a component or hose failure.
The system mechanics are identical to an automobile AC system.
Get up (in) there and look for failed hose or green staining, as the system has green dye in it.
Replace the failed part and the receiver drier and have the system evacuated and charged.

As for the "no AC experience", really? A compressor, several hoses, and two "radiators". Find the bad part and we'll walk you through it, at least enough to get someone who isn't $200/hr to finish it.
I still laugh about this this motivational message you wrote to the OP lol

I was wondering if you could assist.

1. I have a leak somewhere and it appears as though it's coming from the schrader valve. I added refrigerant with dye on Sunday. I went back Monday to check the pressure and there was an audible "psshhh" when I removed the low pressure cap. I'll go back Friday with a UV light and see if I can see anything else. I don't see the valves listed separately in SIS for purchase. Do you know if they are replaceable?

2. Is there any way to clear the old error codes off he HVAC controller?