• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 315CL's

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
does cat have pattern changers in them?

Just about every Cat hoe I have seen in the 330 down size has pattern changers. Mine have always came with them.

toyman

Occupation
Owner of Excavating Company
I have had a 315 for a few years now. It is getting to the point where I need to buy a truck to haul it regularly (I have been paying someone). We all know that machine weighs about 37000#, but will a 25 ton trailer and a single axle tractor haul this? I found an LN8000 and trailer combo, but don't want to under truck myself. This is the only thing the truck would be used for, I might use it for hauling the backhoe or moving someones skytrack. Do you think the truck would do it?

Thanks, and sorry for hijacking the thread.

Toyman

brian falcone

we move ours on an eager beaver 20 ton tag its now pulled by mack 10 wheelers but we did move it with an international s2200 six wheel dump.....pulled it no problem,,,,but we also tried moving it with a ford l8000 six wheeler with a 3208 cat and the front wheels of the truck came off the ground just enough to cause the front wheels to lock up every time you hit the brakes,,,,i guess the truck is a bit light up front....power wise it moved the machine fine, brian

Turbo21835

Go with a tandem axle dump for pulling a 315. Used to be with a company that had a sewer punch out crew. They had a Mack ch tandem axle dump, pulling a tri axle trailer. They would put the 315 on the trailer, all the extra buckets, and any shoring or other equipment in the dump bed. The truck tended to be a little light on the front axle, making steering interesting from time to time

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Here is a pic of a 315DL at Conex.

Attachments

• P3150337 (Small).JPG
    P3150337 (Small).JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 767
  • P3150338 (Small).JPG
    P3150338 (Small).JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 772
  • P3150339 (Small).JPG
    P3150339 (Small).JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 768

toyman

Occupation
Owner of Excavating Company
Thanks for the input on the truck and trailer. Those pics are great also. I have bought a LTL9000 and a 25 ton trailer, I shouldn't have any problems pulling the excavator with that. Need to work out the logistics with picking it up.

Thanks again for the input.

Toyman