• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 315CL - 16,000 hrs - potential issues?

TrentNz

Hi guys, I’m looking at purchasing a 16k hour 315CL cat

Its been meticulously looked after andseems to run ok, but just wondering if theres any main issues with these higher hour cats.

I’ve got lots of excavators but never had an older cat.

Does seem to slightly bog down on power when dippering out but it was cold.

IMG_2507.jpeg

IMG_2508.jpeg
IMG_2505.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2506.jpeg
    IMG_2506.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
The 315 C and D models were great machines, owned 1 of each. Put 4-5K hours on each one with no real issues at all.

As far as what to look for all I can add is the normal engine, pumps, finals, UC, etc on a 16K hour machine. Do you know how many owners? Any maintenance records?

TrentNz

As far as I’m aware, I’d be the third owner. The first owner having the bulk of the ownership, probably around 15,000 hours.

It’s definitely been looked after for the most parr

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Pretty amazing the sheet metal is that straight on a 16K hour machine even if some has been replaced over the years. Looks very well taken care of.

I would run oil samples on all fluids and if the price is in line with your market for the hours go for it. Like I said they are great machines.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
I'd buy that machine for $21K tomorrow. One could make that back in less than a year just loading trucks in a pit and you could leave it there saving mob cost.

Gary Layton

Very good looking machine...I would love to have that tilt rotating head. I will need one eventually. Let us know how it goes.