• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 315

Kjinger

I had valve body recently re built and installed. now when I start machine and flip the lever one track automatically starts spinning, I have no other functions such as boom,rotate, nor will the other track spin.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Can you explain "Valve body rebuit" it sounds as if something has been connected in the wrong way.
Kind regards
Uffex

Kjinger

Hey uffex! Thanks for reply, had to remove valve body to have cleaned and replaced spool valves, every single line was marked very well to make sure installed all lines correctly.

Kjinger

I believe cylinder came apart and there was some damage. Machine must have pilot pressure if the one track turns. If I had no pilot pressure I would expect pump.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Do you mean you have removed the spools cleaned those and refitted, no other change?
1695140886577.png
Trying to get a full picture,
what was the reason to do this?
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Late in the day but that is an unusual approach to a bucket cylinder break up, normally the spool for the bucket cylinder is pretty hard and damage is far more likely to occur to the valve body.
If the remaining valves have been removed cleaned and replaced does not explain the symptoms you post. The fact that one track activates at the start would indicate that the spool has an issue and the pilot pressure is may be not working. I suggest making a start by checking the pilot pressure.
Kind regards
Uffex

Kjinger

Yes I removed and brought to shop to have inspected and cleaned after we had found metal shavings in spool valve cap.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Spool cap debri indicates pilot pump break up not bucket cylinder, I suggest change alll filters and fluid, check out pilot pump.
Kind regards
Uffex

Kjinger

Hey uffex I’m near machine now and what it’s doing is when you turn key to start it’s trying to spin one track in reverse even tho lever is not flipped.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Your post indicates a spool sticking issue, may not be the root cause, see attached.
Kind regardds
Uffex

Attachments

• FAR Erratic control.pdf
    729.5 KB · Views: 6
  • FAR Main valve faults.pdf
    547.7 KB · Views: 2