1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

cat 315 bucket

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by shadow, Dec 7, 2011.

1. shadow

shadow Well-Known Member

I am in the middle of a bucket rebuild and i'm trying to fide a cheap way to replace the side cutting edge of the bucket.

2. cat953

cat953 Active Member

A used cutting edge off a dozer or loader works

3. shadow

shadow Well-Known Member

would you weld it on or bolt it with the same holes that are there how thick should the plate be

4. cat953

cat953 Active Member

I would weld it on 7018 rod atleast the thickness it is now or a little thicker

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  5. caterpillarmech

caterpillarmech Senior Member

Field Service Supervisor
    Loader segments would work best and I would weld them in as well. I would think 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" thick.

6. Nige

Nige Senior Member

I think I would rather bolt them on to the sidebars. That way when whatever you have has worn out you can remove it easily and install replacements.