• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 314E LCR all Hydraulic functions stopped working while moving

Alan Caro

I was working on a CAT314E LCR moving some debris around and all of a sudden it stopped doing all functions, none of the joysticks do anything, it does not track and the blade that is installed won't move up or down.
The machine turns on just fine and seems to be in normal condition
We checked the hydraulic fluid and it was good
I suspected it was an issue with the safety lock switch (Not sure the exact name) so I wen't on the display and found out that the saftey lock was functioning properly according to the display as I was moving the lock up and down and it was detecting the position of the lock
What I did find strange is that even though the hydraulic switch was reacting properly on the display, when I checked the hydraulic lock solenoid it was on, which made me believe that the solenoid is stuck, I am not sure if this is the correct diagnostics and I have worked on solenoids on this exact machine before, switching the track solenoid with the boom (If my memory is correct)
Any ideas as to where this hydraulic lock solenoid is on this machine and how I can diagnose the solenoid as being bad? if it even is the solenoid

uffex

Occupation
Admin
good day
I would suggest check the servo pressure at the pump and work from that point.
Kind regards
Uffex