• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 312cl bogging down

chris allen

Occupation
Feild tech
7B9F9A9A-C32A-4E49-9C9E-109216E1697F.jpeg 7B9F9A9A-C32A-4E49-9C9E-109216E1697F.jpeg Helping a friend out today , his machine is trying to bog down while opperateing, we have did all the regular stuff like change if fuel filters, checked air filters, removed banjo bolt at fuel hand primer an cleaned wash out screen, turbo is fine. One thing that is bugging me is that the monitor has all the fluid level indicators say low hyd oil levels low An engine oil levels low, Also I can get inside the monitor to check the settings. Just beeps when hitting the selection buttons. It does power up an all the gauges do read correctly aswell. Just want let me get inside itself. We also did flip the machine to opperate in the manual mode an there wasn’t any difference. Was wandering if the monitor is slowly pooping out an it’s not telling the pump sensors to up/down stroke the pumps? Machine does have 11,500 hr area on it. Also literally just replaced the hyd drive couplin today behind the pumps aswell, Problem was there prior to couplin repair

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
View attachment 250628 View attachment 250628 Helping a friend out today , his machine is trying to bog down while opperateing, we have did all the regular stuff like change if fuel filters, checked air filters, removed banjo bolt at fuel hand primer an cleaned wash out screen, turbo is fine. One thing that is bugging me is that the monitor has all the fluid level indicators say low hyd oil levels low An engine oil levels low, Also I can get inside the monitor to check the settings. Just beeps when hitting the selection buttons. It does power up an all the gauges do read correctly aswell. Just want let me get inside itself. We also did flip the machine to opperate in the manual mode an there wasn’t any difference. Was wandering if the monitor is slowly pooping out an it’s not telling the pump sensors to up/down stroke the pumps? Machine does have 11,500 hr area on it. Also literally just replaced the hyd drive couplin today behind the pumps aswell, Problem was there prior to couplin repair
Not really sure. Low voltage? Enough to start the machine, but not enough to power components properly? Just a guess based on other posts.

Vetech63

First, we need to determine that you really have an engine problem. I need a Cat guru to give some specs but I would start off with the cycle times and engine stall speeds testing. This would help you go in the right direction.

ahart

One bit of information that would be very useful is the engine RPM at high idle. After you have that number, you can get a boost pressure reading. This will tell you if your engine is putting out like it is supposed to or not. Need to determine if the engine has low power or if the pumps are not backing off. According to SIS, high idle no load engine speed should be 2050 +/- 50 rpm

chris allen

Occupation
Feild tech
Well we changed out the monitor today, been on order since Xmas. Finally shows up other wk an we got around to installing it, well we have the same issues, kinda like it’s not communicating with ecm, traced the data linc wires back to ecm an all seems to be ok. So at start up all the low fluid level indicators are cycle if threw the monitor still. Hyd oil,coolant,engine oil an so on. An the green lite is on on the ecm while running

heymccall

On many of my Cats, the hydraulic level sensor would trigger the other level sensors. Usually, a wire at the epoxy would break. Unplug and jumper the hyd level sensor plug and recheck.