• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 312B Final Drive

UrParts

We are always getting enquiries for final drives for Cat 312B's. Does anyone know if the same final drive is in any other machine? Someone suggested that a Hyundai 130 has the same final drive but I have not been able to confirm this.

Any help appreciated.

Simon

Silveroddo

Check Cat 110b/120b (older) and 311 part #'s. Believe they are all the same. Used to be an aftermarket option for about $5500 US

finaldrive

Occupation
Business Owner
There is no interchange.
We used to have Rexroth make us an FDC brand replacement for the original KYB unit. However they will no longer produce it for us.
We get this inquiry daily and we are still working on finding a solution.
We do currently have something to offer, but it requires us to supply a new sprocket that is our own make. In North America our customers do not like this solution. Performance is the nearly identical to the original CAT unit. It is a good solution and the cost is around $7,000
We used to sell over 100 of our FDC brand replacements a year, with the above mentioned solution we sell maybe 8.
I recently visited one of our factories and we have tentatively agreed on a mass produced FDC brand drive that will be an excellent solution to the problem.
We hope to be able to offer this unit by July.

UrParts

It sounds like it is a problem that is around for a while. Can you let me know when you get the replacement in July. Thanks

Cmark

Terrapart stock new OE Rexroth units for 312 and 312B

http://www.terrapart.com/blog/category/rexroth-final-drives/

Simon unless i am very mistaken your job at UrParts is to put buyers in touch with sellers and visa versa. What business is it of yours looking for replacement drives? Surely this is a concern for your paying subscribers or are your subscribers in competition with you?

Chris
Terrapart

Wow. If this was supposed to be your "introductory post explaining your product or service" you've kind of blown it by;

a) Necrothreading, and
b) Impotent public internet rage.

You've got a lot of potential customers on here. If business isn't going too good, ranting on here isn't going to help, sunshine.

lantraxco

Sounded to me like Simon was looking for a seller for something he has had inquiries for, which seems to be his job description. I would guess that if you can supply the requested item perhaps you should be doing more advertising and less bit*hing.

brathnach

Hey guys,

I know this thread is over a year old but I have a related question that I can't find the answer to. I have searched service manuals etc but can't find out what the bolts that fix the final drive to the frame on a 312B should be torqued to?

I do see mention in repair manual that thread locker and tighten the bolts in a cross pattern but I couldn't find mention of any torque spec for installation.

Regards