• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 3126

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
Any old[or young--I don't discriminate] hands on the ''how to'' of the R+R on the 3126 oil cooler?Took it apart last night as the lil miniscule barely leaking over 3 years became a stream of oil bleeding out yesterday.Looks straight forward but I don't need any glitches.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
Got er done.What a PITA !!!!!!!!!! The block gasket took over 2 hours scraping it off because of the miniscule room I had to work in with my body all contorted like a pretzel.Took a lot of self control not to use any sealant on those gaskets as per Cat's recommendations.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Have to congratulate you on getting that job done.

I haven't worked on that particular engine but have been in many of the uncanny positions that would make a yoga instructor cringe.

I hope you don't ache and cramp up to much tonight.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Agreed John C. How many times have I looked (for several moments) at a component and contemplated "how the hell am I gonna get to that?" :D

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
Agreed John C. How many times have I looked (for several moments) at a component and contemplated "how the hell am I gonna get to that?" :D

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking when I disassembled that cooler Thursday.When the service manager at Cat told me his guys do that R+R in 4 hours,I was thinking to myself that means close to 2 full days for me----and it was.:rolleyes:

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
Have to congratulate you on getting that job done.

I haven't worked on that particular engine but have been in many of the uncanny positions that would make a yoga instructor cringe.

I hope you don't ache and cramp up to much tonight.

Thanks.No leaks,but yes I did cramp up,especially my left knee doing lots of walking today at a huge car/parts show---SUCKS BEING OLD!!!!!!