• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 312 main hydraulic pump hub and coupling

Billy Doug

my hub and coupling was in a million pieces when I opened it up. I’m trying to install new hub and coupling assembly now. I can’t figure out witch way the hub goes in there. The hub has a flat side then there’s a lip that stands out further on one side. There’s also. Place for set screws or one thing but the new hub didn’t come with any of that. And far as the coupling goes in. There’s a side that sticks out further than the other side and don’t know witch direretion the lip goes towards the engine or forwards the pump. . Any input or help maybe some directions or even service manual pages would be greatly appreciated.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Can you upload some photos of what you're looking at.?

Also a machine Serial Number would help to provide some information. There must be over 30 different models of 312 out there dating from back in the day when it first came on the market up to today.

Billy Doug

So I was searching on the web trying to find what you have sent me and I came across this image. And this image I found shows the hub in backwards I’m assuming and comparing it to the images you posted. Thank you very much by the way.

Attachments

• 19DA34D2-C9A8-4511-A071-21B29FD7D528.png
    19DA34D2-C9A8-4511-A071-21B29FD7D528.png
    8.6 MB · Views: 9

Billy Doug

Also that image on page 91 that you sent shows them two holes numbered 3 well the new hub does have them two holes but there wasn’t any bolts that came with the new hub that go in them holes. I don’t believe the old hub had any bolts in them holes either unless they were in with all the many pieces that I pulled out when I took it apart and cleaned out the old mess. Would you happen to know if bolts are supposed to be in there or not? I mean I know and see that it says to put bolts in there according to page 91 lol. I’m almost 99.9 % sure there wasn’t any bolts in the old one. I guess if I’m not sure and no one says yes it needs them there’s only one way to find out. Try it and see watch out!!!!!

Billy Doug

Provide a machine serial number and I'll post the parts list, for that build. I'm pulling the pump (and engine) on a 321CLCR right now.
It’s a grey market jap machine 7DK02070 thanks so much for your help . sorry about delay machine is on a barge and the wind has been whipping and cold I havnt felt the need to go out in that mess