• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 312 final drive issue

Beegs

Looks like I messed up my reply above.

I am anxious to reseal it. I was pulling stumps yesterday and within a short period of time, the machine was not as responsive as it normally is. Particularly when swinging and raising the boom. I told my son, it’s almost as if some seals let go and have become lodged. After reading your comment, I feel confident that resealing will hopefully take care of what’s going on. Thanks!

I want to thank everyone for their input. I will report the results when I get it done.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day and good luck with that, I fail to understand the swing and boom issue connection central joints passing seals will go via the track spools back to main filters - plugging the main hose with a guage did not call for to much effrot even if you avoid eliminating the spool & housing. Our experience removing cemtral passage's in modern machines is bloody difficult take a look at those with short tail swing mabe some folk have rubber arms and flexible spanners.Maybe better gamble to pull the filters first.
Keep smiling
Uffex

Beegs

I bought the seals and some hydraulic fluid. I have everything disconnected and hoping to have time tomorrow to reseal and reinstall. Will update soon. Thanks again to everyone... fingers crossed.

Beegs

Everything is back together. Four of the five seals were gone. Travel works perfectly now and the weird feeling when swinging and booming up is gone. Runs like a new machine. Thanks for all the suggestions and advice!
DC558891-2717-4DE8-B2CA-34A170F65AEC.jpeg 2E339C57-1C70-4D73-B51E-5CB8E0AD54C6.jpeg