• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 312, Adjusting Hydraulic Pump Pressure?

Nritter21621

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the hydraulic pump pressure on a caterpillar 312? It is not tracking correctly and I was wondering if there was a way to adjust the hydraulic pressure to help fix the issue.

Nritter21621

The serial number is 6GK01173 (my apologies I did not notice that question earlier). I'm at work and trying to do this at the same time. I agree about the main swivel, my issue is I do not know what the point of pressure should be at. If I knew the pump pressure I would know where to go from there. I have 3500 at the pump and the tracks. By the way Thank you for your help, I wasn't sure if I was going to get a response and am grateful for the advice.

Nritter21621

Good morning everyone I just wanted to leave an update about what happened with the 312. The hydraulic pump ended up needing to be replaced. I got a new one in there and everything seems to be working better with the machine. Without knowing what the pressure was suppose to be I would have never figured out that was the issue. Thank you all for your help! By the way does anyone know what kind of hydraulic oil this machine takes? Once I get that in there she's back to work.