• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 311C hits bridge ouch!!!

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
With that being a single drop trailer the boom could have been stretched out to make it lower if there was clearance issues.

I looked at the pictures its amazing how the boom buckled on the excavator I never seen that ever happen.

I still can't figure out how the chains held without snapping or how it didn't stop the truck dead in its tracks. The guy must have been flying down the freeway.

thejdman04

Nah a 311 is small, no need for that. That trailer made it a long long ways away from that bridge (considering the trailer was broke). As far as he was made it maybe he was flying (literally hence why he hit the bridge).

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Squizzy said:
Digger...he's talking about actually using the shovel for digging...not being hit over the head with it!

Squizzy said:
Wise old man once said to me "there is few problems in life that cannot be remedied by a good hit over the head with a shovel"

:nono I wouldn't consider that our fault though considering what we had to work with. :D

In light of Squizzy's second hand wisdom, yeah I think it is your fault. Maybe you're just not gripping it right? :dizzy

ADMSWELDING

Occupation
CERTIFIED WELDER/UNION SHEETMETAL WORKER LOCAL 17
looks a lot like I95 in MA

I think your right,Read the boom on the wrecker i believe it says Sturbridge and that does look like mass-hiway trucks in the photo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Truckie

Digger I’m agreeing on what you said.
If you look in picture # 5 you will see fresh yellow paint on top of the blade. So the stick was sitting on the blade.