• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 307SSR

ROCK DE RESH

Occupation
RETIRED, LAW ENFORCEMENT, LOCAL/FEDERAL
WHEN YOU SHUT OFF THE KEY SWITCH AND POSSIBLY THE KEY SWITCH IS BAD, HOW DO YOU SHUT OFF THE ENGINE, BECAUSE IT IS STILL RUNNING. I AM A NEWBY, JUST BOUGHT A CAT 307SSR AND LOOKING FOR HELP? I AM GLAD TO JOIN THIS "FORUM" IT WAS SAID TO BE THE BEST. THANK YOU FOR HAVING ME!

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
Find the injector pump. Somewhere on it there will be a lever that is actuated by either a cable or a solenoid. Manually actuate the shutoff the shut the engine down.

ecnorton2001

I got a simple 1980's 2 series.
Newer machines have electronics that control the engine/injector pump.
If there is a lever that speeds the engine up, push it all the way it will travel in the opposite direction (slows engine down), and engine should stop running. Perhaps move past the "turtle". Then make sure key(s) are shut off to not run the battery down.
You need to remember to move past the turtle, but not full throttle (in my opinion) when you go to start it again. Of course, I have only operated one machine and it is from the 1980's.

ROCK DE RESH

Occupation
RETIRED, LAW ENFORCEMENT, LOCAL/FEDERAL
I found it easier to close off the air intake hose, inside the air filter housing. Be careful, not to close off the hose that faces forward inside the canister, that goes to the front of the engine. I myself, took off the air filter canister, with just a few mounting bolts and the 2 hoses. Just block off the hose ( I used my hand) that goes and faces the other side of engine. It shuts right off. It was better than taking off top and or side plates with bolts, etc. Some times I might explain a little to much "far out of the way" sort of, like everyone is stupid. Please don`t be offended!