• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 303 CR

Billrog

Occupation
band mill , backhoe and dump truck
Bought a 2005 303cr a couple mons. ago to help with spring clean-up the heavy snow in Nov. brought down a few hundred trees. The machine is tight and doesn't like starting when it's cold but runs good and doesn't smoke. Certainly hadn't been serviced for a while & dented, bashed & scraped every where possible. Plenty of time on my hands so decided to spruce it up a bit took all the removable pieces off hammered out the dents and painted them. Won't fit in my shop and to cold out side so used plastic to build a shelter just off my shop overhead door so that with the door open and could keep it warm with the wood stove stoked. While paint was drying serviced all the fluids and filters.

Now I don't know whether I should sell it or use it :eek:)

Billrog

Occupation
I used spray cans for the black . Found a spray can of new cat yellow but didn't like the price used it up then had a can of Tremclad mixed to the right color and used a brush. It flattened out very nicely. The area was over 70 degrees & the paint dried well .

Extra Fubar

@Billrog Did you use CAT black spray can or something else?

And just to confirm, you applied all the yellow paint with a paint? If, so, wow! Why not a roller?

Billrog

Occupation
I just used black gloss spray cans from a hardware store. The yellow panels I sprayed but but the boom and counter weight got brushed because it was fast and easy to get in the nooks and cranny's.
BTW I appreciate the comments.