• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat 303.5c cr hydraulic leak

scottwolowich

hi there, see attached picture: i thought it was a fuel leak from the filter area but found it dripping from the large 90 degree fitting picture in the middle/top of the pic. Is this a simple tighten and or o-ring replacement repair? Not afraid to wrench on it just don't know exactly what I'm looking at and haven't had a chance to tear into it yet. Will head to the machine with wrenches in the next few days thought I would see if I could get a heads up.

https://imgur.com/a/ezx1551

you can kind of see the drip forming under the large fitting.

serial dmy00326

Last edited:

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
A couple of observations.
1. It appears to have been apart before judging by the paint marker "tags" someone has used to ensure they didn't miss tightening a fitting.
2. There are O-rings behind both of the joints indicated by the blue lines. The one on the hose (ORFS coupling) would likely be the prime suspect, 6V-9746 is the Part Number.
3. The large hose is not original Cat (this may potentially be a reason why it is weeping). A genuine Cat hose would have a burst protection sleeve on it like the three smaller hoses immediately to the right of it in the photo.

upload_2019-9-19_7-28-28.png