• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat 3024 ct question about piston oil cooling jets

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
The Cat 3204C-T is a nearly identical engine to the Perkins 404C-22T. They are both built in the Caterpillar/Shibaura engine factory.

I see no reference to any piston cooling jets in the Perkins 400 series manual, for either naturally-aspirated engines or turbocharged engines, so I cannot see where Cat engines would have them.

There are minor differences between the engines according to application requirements, but the basic engine structures are the same.

patreeot355

i so appreciate that info!! have a turbo engine i boaght remanned and it always ran hot in my stump grinder, and the block cracked in the front between the cam and freeze plug. the engine ran great,when removed. i found a non turbo engine that supposedly had low compression. hoping to make one from two