• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 302.5 Mini Excavator problem

kazamm10611

I have a mini excavator 302.5 that had hydrolic hose busted on. I replaced 2 hoses and tested it to make sure that was the only hoses busted. After i replaced them i started it up to test it and everything worked fine, However Another employee took the entire seat out and disassembled the lower half before i got to it to fix the machine. However after replacing the hoses i started it up and it ran fine. Over the weekend it rained pretty hard before i could put it back together. Today i put it back together and not it will not start. Thought it was the battery so i jumped it and nothing. i looked at the hours and it shows the hours but when i turn the key i get nothing. Any suggestions?

kazamm10611

I checked the fuses already and pulled the round electrical plug apart and re-connected it. Still nothing. Im figuring the rain did something but not sure what happened.

mikebramel

Do you have power coming into the ignition switch? If you do then I would check the switch if it has power going out

kazamm10611

Re:

Do you have power coming into the ignition switch? If you do then I would check the switch if it has power going out

Thats the thing it had power, but i get nothing now. I know the battery is good so its got to be somethng electrical. I just cant figure out what it is