• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 300.9 mini mini excavator

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
Have an inside of a building at a local college job this coming week. I have to expose old pipes for my plumber and do some serious trenching for his new installs.The rental yard has the smallest Cat excavator they make that will fit through the door ,a 300.9, weighs app. a ton. Should be about the equivalent of watching paint dry on a 0* day. Anybody ever run one of these tonka toys?

Dickjr.

I've done the same exact thing in a Papa John's pizza restaurant. I had a little IHI unit running about 9 hp at 1800 lbs. It worked really good especially if you think digging with a shovel is faster. We cut the concrete floor about 5" thick , took a breaker and thumped it and after getting a hole open the little mini did great. Just took some time. I will say be careful crossing the ditches or any piles , they lay over easy.

Jakebreak

Occupation
operator/pipelayer/mechanic
We have a jcb mini mini at work there underpowered but they work great for inside of buildings like **** Jr. Said be careful crossing ditches as they will lay over easy. Their great for tight spots for ours we have to use a whacker with a small foot to fit in the ditch unless you use the 18" bucket I wish ours had a wheel for it have fun with it ours is fun to run

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
The baby actually did better than I imagined it would. Very slow responding to blending of functions and jerky some what but it got the job done. When I got back on my JD35D I thought I was on a beast.