• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 299D2 XHP Case drain connector leak

mjones35

Serial number: DX200548

My Cat 299D2 XHP is leaking oil from the end of the case drain connector when it is running, even when nothing is attached. If I depress the end of the connector a low pressure stream will shoot out. My question is should I have any pressure at all at the case drain connector? I thought oil only flowed back through this connector when the case drain line of an attachment (like my mulcher) is attached to it. I can get a new case drain connector or new o-ring, but just wanted to verify that I don't have another problem.

I just wanted to note that every few months I have to pull the male high flow connector and put a new o-ring on the end. The o-ring goes bad and pressure is released back through the case drain line causing oil to be released through the case drain relief valve of my mulcher. My grapple also slowly closes on its own when this o-ring needs replacing. This isn't the problem here as I just replaced the o-ring.