• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 299D Slow / Crawl mode not engaging.

Makers Acres

Occupation
Imagineer
I have had my CAT for a couple years now and I have never needed the Crawl / Slow drive mode until I bought my Trencher Attachment. When looking through the options on the screen, the mode is engaged / enabled in settings. When I have tried short presses and long presses on the button on the control stick to engage it, nothing happens and the "Turtle" never appears on the screen. When I asked the cat dealer, they had no idea and wanted me to bring it in. (I don't really have an easy way of doing that currently).

Any thoughts what I could be missing here?

Thanks!

Jonas302

A short vid from cat just to make sure your pressing the right button

Makers Acres

Occupation
Imagineer
If you already have an Operation & Maintenance Manual the next thing you probably need is an Electrical Schematic. What’s your Serial Number.? I’ll send you one.
Thank you.
GTC01014
I did pull one before, I have not toned out the switch, but I can't imagine those go bad? Maybe?