• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat 289c high flow jumper help!!

zerocool302

I have a 289c with high flow and i have searched here to find out what jumper plug part number i need but im haveing problem figuring out which one it is. I have seen at least 3 different part number so i dont want to buy the wrong one. I am just trying to run a high flow brush cutter on my machine. Any and all help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for your time!!

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Everytihng I can find points to that Part Number 241-3763 being the correct one for your machine. The Work Tool Harness fitted to your particular machine is a 258-4126 that can be retrofitted to earlier series machines that were not sold with it installed. The 241-3763 is listed as the correct jumper for that retrofit ergo for the same Part Number of WT Harness it's the correct one for you.
FYI it looks like the illustration below and is officially known as a "Receptacle Assembly". Price is around $130 from a Cat dealer.

upload_2020-3-15_22-36-52.png

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
If you want to go that route, contact "Skid Steer Genius". They are the boys for custom connections between machines and attachments of different brands. Click on the Adapters menu. If you don't see what you need or are unsure, I would suggest that you call them. Have your machine Serial Number handy, they will most likely ask for it.
https://www.skidsteergenius.com/