• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 287

bart06

Hi we are looking at buying a cat 287b just wanted to get your thoughts on it we got ride of our t300 this fall and wanted to try a cat thanks for your help
have had 287b and inside of tracks keep wareing out heaps!!!!!!!!!!! when looking frm back off machine looks like axles are bent cat replaced once but still has problem they cannot fix. This has been a big b problem for me as reduces life off tracks by 30 % cat has been hope less to fix problem.

grandpa

Dont want to make you cat guys sick but when cat switched from the B series to the C series they had the B series undercarrige order for the C and they couldnt use them. Sold them out to customers..all complete roller frames hydraulic motors and hoses all complete tracks ready to bolt on to your B for 12 grand! It was my lucky day. They sit on a pallet all ready to bolt on. BIG SMILES FROM ME Thank you thank you thank you.

nobledavis

Hi we are looking at buying a cat 287b just wanted to get your thoughts on it we got ride of our t300 this fall and wanted to try a cat thanks for your help

i have a 2007 287 i dont like the track drive setup it needs adjusting all the time other than that its great work horse good power better ballance than the bobcat however the new 2009 has an up dated track drive sys real nice
going to trade mine in asap ....good luck

nobledavis

cat 287 tracks

i have been running my tracks for 3 years now and i am hard on my machines
the track drive is holding up real well.. the rubber tracks are good for another 3 years..how ever i have had to replace a set of barrings in the rear roller wheels cost 1800.00 due to a hole in the dust cover but all in all its a great machine